San Ildefonso Pueblo
"San Ildefonso was a small, isolated farming community in 1880. In the 1890s, red-paint-ware was revived after a hundred-year hiatus, resulting in polychrome pottery. Black-on-red wares were made between 1890 and 1920. By 1900 the population had dropped below 100 people, and Spanish and Anglo people were violating San Ildefonso's water and land rights, literally squeezing them out of their lands. By 1905, a rag-applied slip replaced the stone polish slip that had been used for centuries."
-Bruce Bernstein, Voices in Clay: Pueblo Pottery from the Edna M. Kelly Collection